.

Man rescued from Cheshire pub

Picture courtesy of Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service

A man has been rescued after a fire at a pub in Cheshire.

Four fire engines from Winsford, Crewe, Northwich and Tarporley attended the scene on Swanlow Lane in Winsford.

The fire service say the blaze appeared to be coming from a tumble dryer, and crews immediately set about rescuing one male from an upstairs window, who was then passed to the care of paramedics and taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The fire was quickly brought under control and extinguished by six firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using three hose reel jets.

An investigation into the fire is under way, and a road closure on Swanlow Lane has remained in place while crews check for further hotspots throughout the premises.

More from Local