.

Bungalow badly damaged by fire

A man and a dog have escaped after a fire badly damaged a bungalow near Stone.

The blaze broke out at the property in Cold Meece.

Four fire engines from Stafford, Eccleshall, Newcastle and Longton were sent to the scene.

A spokesman for the fire service said: "The owner and his dog got out, stayed out and called us out.

"The fire was caused by a portable gas heater."

They are urging people to remember to make sure they service their gas heaters.

 

More from Local

Cover art for Don't Look Back In Anger

On Air

Andy Jones playing Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger

Have you tried...