Cash Code Rules
The Cash Code FAQ’s
How to enter
You can enter the competition by registering via text. Text the word CASH to 65115. It costs £1.50 plus your standard network rate.
When can I register to be in with a chance of winning?
The current ‘in-play period’ for the competition is 06:00 on Friday 18th October to 16:00 on Friday 25th October. If you text at the wrong time you may still be charged, but you won’t be registered to win.
Is there any other way of entering?
No, the only way to enter this competition is by text.
Where can I find out the letters to identify the artist?
Keep listening to one of the listed radio stations below, and we’ll reveal the daily letters throughout the day, each letter will always be revealed first on the breakfast show just after 08:00. We will also post the daily letters on our website and on social media and repeat them throughout the day.
What is the prize?
The prize is £10,000 and one winner will be randomly selected from all entries received.
I have sent a text to enter but haven’t received a confirmation message
There are a number of different reasons for this. It could be due to insufficient credit on your phone, a block to premium rate numbers, a cap that’s been exceeded, or a problem with your network. You’ll need to contact your network about this: O2: 0344 809 0202, Vodafone: 0808 040 8408, EE (from your EE mobile): 1503: 0333 338 1003, Sky: 0333 7591 018, Virgin: 0345 454 1111.
My messages don’t appear to be sending, why is this?
If messages are not sending, then they haven’t reached us and you won’t be registered to win. We cannot control this, so you’ll need to contact your mobile phone network.
The confirmation message arrived a long time after I sent in my text.
Sometimes, particularly during higher than normal numbers of simultaneous entries, it can take longer than usual to process and send out our response messages, so even if you receive a confirmation message after the text lines closed, that entry was still included in the draw and you will be registered to win.
How will I know if I’m the winner?
We will call a randomly selected entrant between 16:00 and 17:00 on Friday 25th October. Make sure you’re near your phone and can answer our call.
Can I register more than once?
Yes, you can register as many times as you want (subject to a the maximum number of entries. The cap is £30 per number which is 20 entries) but if you win, you can’t win again
Which radio stations are running this competition?
This is a local radio competition running on a number of stations across the UK (The participating stations). The full list of stations is: Signal 1, Signal 2, Signal 80s, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, Pulse 80s, Signal 107, Peak FM, Radio Wave, Swansea Sound, The Wave, The Wave 80s, Wish FM, Wire FM, Tower FM, Total Access Radio.
The Cash Code Terms and Conditions
1) The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”), apply to ‘The Cash Code’ competition.
2) Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from the participating stations and posted on each radio station website.
3) To enter the competition listeners must register during the ‘in-play period’, for this round that is 06:00 on Friday 18th October to 16:00 on Friday 25th October only. Registration is by text which costs £1.50 plus your own network charge for sending a text. You may register as many times as you would like (subject to a the maximum number of entries. The cap is £30 per number). The more entries an entrant makes, the greater the chance of being randomly selected as the winner.
Details of the Competition:
4) To enter the Competition, an entrant must register via text as described above, then listen to one of the participating radio stations each weekday from Monday 18th October to Friday 25th October and collect a daily letter. When all five letters are collected it will spell out the name of a music artist. The letters will be subsequently revealed on social media and the radio station website, they will also be repeated throughout the day.
5) Using skill and judgement, entrants must work out the name of the artist and be prepared to tell the radio station the answer if they are randomly selected as the winner. Failure to answer the question correctly will result in the radio station taking a second caller, this will be repeated until the correct answer is given.
6) To register, an entrant must send a text message starting with the keyword CASH to 65115.
7) The cost to enter this competition is £1.50 plus one standard rate message per entry.
8) Listeners can register to enter the competition as many times as they want. The more entries, the greater the chance to be selected as the winner. There is a cap per telephone number of £30. When this cap is reached, no further entries will be permitted.
9) On entering the Competition, Entrants will receive a text message that invites them to take part in our 3-for-2 offer, whereby if they enter a second time, they will receive an additional registration at no extra cost. The additional entries will be automatically included once they’ve entered for the second time and they will not need to text again to claim this. If they do text for a third time, the cycle recommences and they will be charged again.
10) Once the text lines have closed, one entry will be selected at random from all the entries received during the ‘in-play period’. The randomly selected entrant will be called and the procedure in point 5 (above) will be followed.
11) The randomly selected entrant will be asked by the presenter to name the artist either live on air, or pre-recorded with the presenter/s and then later played on-air. If an entrant fails to answer their phone, is driving, or if any fault occurs immediately prior to or during the call and it is not possible to re-establish contact with the entrant, they will forfeit their chance to win and another entry will be selected at random.
12) By registering to take part in this competition, entrants agree that the participating radio station/s may use their name, hometown, photo and any video or audio recording of their contribution for advertising and promotional purposes without additional notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
13) Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
14) An entrant can enter up to 20 times during the ‘in-play period’. We strongly advise against excessive use.
15) Any entrant that wins a cash prize during the Competition may not enter the Competition again.
16) Entrants must have a bank account in their name as the cash prize will be paid by BACS transfer or cheque within 28 days of the winning date.
17) If an entrant is announced as a winner on air but is later found to be ineligible, another winner may be selected in their place.
18) There is one prize of £10,000.
19) Cash prizes will be paid either via cheque or by BACS transfer to the winner’s bank account within 28 days of the winning date.
20) Prizes are non-transferable, and no alternative is available.
21) The participating radio station/s reserve the right to change the prize or part of it at any time. The prize value for each round will be made clear on air. This is a Bauer Media Audio LP Promotion.