£500 Pound Thursday Terms
£500 Thursday RULES
The following specific rules ("Rules”) together with UTV Media ("UTV Media") general and competition terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.signal2.co.uk apply to The £500 Thursday Radio competition ("the Competition") which will run from 06:00 to 17:00 on Thursday 26th July 2012 ("the Duration”). The "Radio Station" is Signal 2.
Anyone who enters the Competition (an "Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available in printed format on request from the Radio Station.
- 1) Details of the Competition
- To enter the Competition an Entrant must text the word ‘DOSH’ and either A, B or C with their full name to 84222 (each text costs £1 plus one standard text message) to enter the competition.
- To be in with a chance of winning the entrant must text the correct answer.
- Entry opens at 0600 on Thursday 26th July 2012 and closes at 1700 on the same day.
- Up to a maximum of 30 text entries per person / per mobile phone is permitted.
- A winner will be chosen at random from all of the correct answers after 1700 on the same day and a winner will be contacted by 1800. Each entrant must be aged 16 years or over to enter. Anyone under this age will not be eligible.
- Any entries received before the lines have opened or after the lines have closed will not be eligible for selection as the winning entry. However, you may still be charged for the cost of your entry.
- If we receive your text message entry during the specified times our competition lines are open, we will send back a text message acknowledging receipt of your valid entry.
- Confirmation of entry will be when you receive our reply message, not when your entry is made.
- You should always get the permission of the person who pays the bill before you use a mobile telephone/device to enter a premium rate competition.
- We will ask a multiple choice question on-air after 06:00 on the morning of Thursday 26th July and will repeat this question on-air at regular intervals during the Competition Period throughout the day.
- Entrants will have until 17:00 on 26th July to text in their answer to the multiple choice question in order to be in with a chance of winning the prize.
- Only entrants who reside in the Signal 2 official transmission area (aka TSA) are eligible for entry to the competition.
- 2) Prize
- The winner of the £500 Thursday competition will be announced live on air between 1700-1800 on Thursday 26th July 2102.
- The winner of the Competition will receive £500 in cash. There is no alternative or runners up prizes
- Any entrant who fails to pick up/receive the call from the radio station, will forfeit their opportunity to win and another correct entrant will be randomly selected and called.
- The winner will need to be available for the delivery of the cash prize between 1700-1800 on Thursday 26th July 2012.
- Our Breakfast Show Presenter/s will deliver the prize money in cash to the winner on the same day.
- UTV Media retains all rights to video, photography, and recordings of the winner and of the competition itself.
- 3) Compliance.
- We will always comply with the PhonePayPlus code of conduct in relation to premium rate competitions. PhonePayPlus is the UK regulator of premium rate services and you can access their details here: http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/output/default.aspx
- UTV Media will not be liable if you suffer financial loss or inconvenience because of the failures of persons or systems that we do not directly control – for example, mobile phone network operators, internet service providers, software providers and telephone traffic handlers.
- Details of how to contact the radio station in the event of any query can be found on the radio station website.
- All of these ‘Specific Rules’ run alongside the UTV General Competition Terms and Conditions.